Saturday, July 10, 2010

Photo Shoot in Venice, Ca.




Got up really early this morning to go on for a photo shoot with a couple of models. It was an engagement shoot. It was a lot of fun. I learned a great deal because it was something that I had never done before. It reminded me of my days of modeling, many moons ago. This shoot was set up through one of the photography meet-ups that I am associated with here in Los Angeles. It was the first time with this group of people. There were about 6 of us there all taking photos simultaneously of this couple. I felt like the paparazzi. I played with the camera a great deal, changing settings on the white balance as well as aperture priority. I also used the on camera flash on several photos and on a couple of others I used the separate flash to see what I would get. The bulk of the photos can be viewed on my here.

I did enjoy using models and do intend to do it again, but I learned something about posing your models, and that is if the pose is not comfortable to them, the strain shows on their face and that does not make a good picture. It is only when the model(s) are comfortable with their bodies and the movement of it that you will see it resonate in the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment