Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Moonlight on the Ocean

This is a photo that was not planned, but loved it as I was driving back from Ventura trying to get a good sunset photo. They always say that sometimes the best ones are not planned.
I did get a sunset shot that was quite boring so I am not so inclined to share it right now. That is going to take a little more planning and finding a place where I can get some really interesting foreground.
The entire time I was riding back, I saw this beautiful full moon that I really wanted to stop and photograph. All of you out there that are familiar with PCH and its many curves and lack of light can relate to this. I keep seeing this moon appear and then disappear behind the mountains. All the while I am saying to myself that I so want to stop and take a photograph of this, but I am forced to keep driving because it is pitch black outside and there are not a great deal of places to stop on this particular stretch of the road.
Before long a come across the moon shining on the water and there is a place to pull over on the side of the road and I do.

2 comments:

  1. I spent close to twenty years in Ventura - sigh. A couple of years ago Paul and I flew in to SF for a wedding and drove the PCH to Santa Monica. That was a great road trip! Love this pic - I know exactly what you are talking about : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a road trip I have been wanting to take for some time. My daughter is coming out to visit for three weeks on the 18th of this month and I am hoping to do it then. Yes I will have my camera in hand, to get all of the photos that I can possibly get and drive. So you know that means I may never get to San Francisco because there will be a lot of stopping.

    ReplyDelete